Wednesday 11 November 2015

Oral Presentation Reflection

On Monday, my team and I gave an oral presentation to address our problem statement, current solutions and proposed solution. Our problem statement is Singaporeans feel uncomfortably hot as the indoor temperature increases due to the heat being trapped particularly on the west facade wall. Our proposed solution is to reduce heat gain on the west facade wall, which will ultimately reduce indoor temperature for greater energy efficiency and sustainability using Water-Cooled Facade Wall.

My team and I were extremely worried as we could not find the flow in our presentation. We met up almost everyday after school to practice. We gave each other feedback so that we know what to improve on individually. Two days before the actual presentation, we conducted a trial run at Starbucks with our classmates and they gave us feedback to improve on our slides and presentation skills. The feedback from my classmates were to slow down and smile more.


On the actual day of presentation, I felt very nervous as I was representing my team to present our proposed solution. I kept reminding myself to slow down, smile more and be passionate during the presentation. I received positive feedback from Professor Brad and my classmates such as I am passionate, confident, persuasive, knowledgeable in my product and able to catch the audience attention for my presentation. However, I feel that there is still room for improvement for my part as I rushed through my last few slides and kept referring to the slides instead of making eye contact with the audience.


Overall, I think my team did a good job as we can present more confidently and fluently. There is a sense of satisfaction as we have achieved our goal!



9 comments:

  1. There was significant improvement from the previous trail run. Your delivery was good and i can see the passion in your presentation. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joey, thank you for your post. I loved the proposal that your team came up with! Although you spoke quite quickly in your presentation, you delivered your content with confidence, good articulation and voice projection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joey, thank you for your post. I loved the proposal that your team came up with! Although you spoke quite quickly in your presentation, you delivered your content with confidence, good articulation and voice projection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi joey, I can certainly feel the passion during your presentation and that got me really interested in your proposed solution. You must have put in a time and effort into this project. I look forward to your next great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi joey, your passion and enthusiasm in your presentation is something I am lacking as a presenter. I would greatly hope that I can practise and improve on that aspect on the next presentation. On a side note, I enjoyed doing this project with you and Jun Jie. Thanks for all the fun and joy while doing this project. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joey, good job on the presentation! You presented your ideas fluently and the flow was just nice for the audience to absorb the content. Thanks for sharing your experience and learning process for the presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joey,
    I like the way you presented! Firstly, you're loud and clear, also, you keep things short and interesting allowing the audience to absorb everything you've said easily. Honestly, I do enjoying hearing your presentation as I could feel your passion and enthusiasm. Good Job on your presentation and keep it up! At the same time do take note to not rush through your slide and give audience some time to look at your interesting slides! (:

    Cheers! (:

    ReplyDelete